In January, 1996, the LaFollette Book Club conceived the idea of a local Friends of the Library group to involve more citizens in the development and improvement of the library.
If you like books and libraries and want the best possible library for LaFollette, please consider joining this non-profit volunteer citizens’ group.
Memberships range from $2.50 for students to $1,000.00 for corporate platinum. There are also lifetime memberships available.
If you are interested, please contact the library for more information and a membership form. You may call the library at (423)562-5154. Current officers for the Friends of the Library are Cora Willis-King, President; Fran Enik, Vice-President; Clyde Green, Treasurer; and Eunice Reynolds, Secretary. Meetings are held in the library at 5:00 p.m. the third Tuesday of alternate months beginning in February.
The next meeting of the Friends of the Library will be held on February 21 at 5:00 in the library, and we would love to have you join us.
The Friends of the LaFollette Library have the following purposes:
- To stimulate use of the library
- To maintain an association of persons interested in the library
- To encourage improved library faciltiies and services to the community
- To encourage contributions and gifts to the library
- Attend a Friends-only preview for our used book sale
- Attend general meetings featuring guest speakers
- Participate in special programs
- Have a voice in the decisions of the Friends of the LaFollette Library
- Membership drives
- Book Sales
- Social Fund Raises
- Grant and Gift Solicitations
- Advocating public funding of library services